Thursday, June 23, 2011

Solstice

So, I can't believe the Solstice already came and went! And that I haven't posted since May 10. Well, I guess I've been busy! The wet spring has really helped out our greens. I have never so much enjoyed rain! There have been the days where it's been frustrating to not be able to get out and plant the summer crops, but the rainy days have been lovely in many ways. No worrying about the greens wilting when we pick them! A lovely temperature to work in. Just nice, and mellow. I am usually one of those folks longing for the 80 degree weather, but not anymore!

Summer appears to be here now. We had probably our first day above 80 yesterday and it was 94!! I tell you what, even when it's only 85, kneeling on that bare soil is HOT! Last night we had one of the most incredible lightning storms ever... we just sat outside and watched it like a fireworks show. I'm sure the crops enjoyed that extra nitrogen! Today the peas finally popped out to a picking size...and the weeds really popped out too.

As for Lea, she is enjoying picking the few strawberries we have (perhaps a rabbit is getting the rest?), and running around naked or half naked peeing in the grass, etc. Oh the life of a three year old!

Also, she 'misplaced' our camera and we have yet to find it, otherwise I'd post some pics. Here's to hoping we find it soon!

Happy Summer to All!!

No comments:

Post a Comment